24 March, 2008
19 March, 2008
14 March, 2008
- Make a Picnic Rug, the store bought one we used for NYE, is ugly and uncomfortable. This is now underway, thus the title of this posting on a lovely very warm Autumnal afternoon.
- Laundry Conversion to be complete by the end of February. DONE! (well almost, we just have to have the shower screen installed...)
- Bathroom Makeover to be completed by the end of June. This is about to go, here is the vanity we picked up on a 'Kerbside Pick-up Sale!
- I pledge Handmade. This has been started, and will continue throughout the year...
- I plan to 'Pay it Forward'. This is still continuing, so will update more on how this has been going!
- Phone a friend a month, some of my friends have been so neglected, we didn’t even get out Christmas cards in 2007, this will not happen in 2008. Those of you who have stayed with us, I thank you. Now, who of you has had a call... hmm??? I guess this needs more attention!!
- Cook more dinners, I hate to admit it, but B carries more than his weight in this area. And it makes me feel real bad. I am still waiting!!!
- Work smarter, I gotta get this sorted for a more sane 2008. I don't think that she is wining here. The last couple of weeks, she has spent many a night at work until 9.30pm!
So, I guess she is doing sort of OK, albeit busy. Another thing, not on the list but certainly is going to happen, is getting a spa for the backyard. This is of course for therapeutic nature for my rehabilitation of my back injury and surgery. I got a great deal of relief from the spa's in New Zealand, so I can't wait!!!
Oh, have you ever see a cat that likes vegemite?
12 March, 2008
It is actually a replacement machine, as it predecessor decided to retire from active duty, after spending a couple of weeks resting out on the verandah! So, with this new, clean & GREEN machine, we will be saving more on Energy and Water!
Our old washing machine would work to a point; that is fill up, then stop! No washing was being done at all! This became very frustrating and was made worse by having to do the soaking load by HAND! And at 11.30 on a Sunday night!
So, on my birthday, there was a lot of calls to various shops to get the best deal, and to ensure that it would actually FIT into the back of my car! This was all achieved, with me arriving at the warehouse at 4:58pm when it shuts at 5:00pm!
10 March, 2008
And so, I would like to thank you all (both near and far) for all of your birthday wishes. I know that some of you came around on Saturday night for a party, and didn't we have a ball! There was almost as many kids as adults!
The lamb, marinated and then BBQ was fantastic I thought, and the Roasted chook with a beer can up it's butt was, again, a treat. This time, we used a can of Guinness Beer!
But, the piece de resistance was the cake! L and 'the next sister down' went off on Friday to El Sweetie, a Lebanese sweet shop nearby. They ordered a Chocolate Cointreau Dome, which, as the name might suggest, was TO DIE FOR!!! What do you think: