31 January, 2008
29 January, 2008
28 January, 2008
27 January, 2008
22 January, 2008
Our Whale is a weather vane purchased on our last trip to New Zealand, not the easiest thing to transport I can tell you. It took a bit of creative packaging that included a singlet of dad's (true), a pair of B's jeans that ripped whilst travelling, micropore (I always carry this, something about being accident prone, and an allergy to bandaids), recycled bubblewrap care of a photographic store in Nelson, and cardboard, again recycled care of a store in Nelson, and packing tape.
20 January, 2008
I finally have my own copy of 'Bend the Rules Sewing' a Christmas present ordered through fishpnd.com.au, thanx B's mum.
And the mystery souvenier from New Zealand, read November 2007, has finally been unwrapped and installed, however, as a photo is yet to be taken, I will keep the suspense going, but only for a day or week or two.
I am thinking of joining these guys here, here, here, here, and here. I don't know where the '30 days' originated but I am liking it.
09 January, 2008
Photo courtesy Erika Engelhaupt, from EstBali who had borrowed my lens for this shot!
I know that this 'should' be wordless, but I feel I need to explain this shot...
Each morning out on the beach, the locals go out and have a game of soccer. The game starts around 5am, and is fascinating to watch. Look out for the next Beckham here!!
08 January, 2008
- Gut out the Laundry, to make way for the renovations (2nd Toilet & Shower, re-tile and new cupboards)
- Lawns & Gardening, which have been slightly neglected since going to New Zealand!
- Computer issues, as we needed to install a Wireless Network Card so is it can pick up the new modem/router... (I actually got this done!!)
- Go and visit a Gallery over at Gymea (did this as well, and L will have to blog about her purchase... It is lovely, and in keeping of her 2008 goals)!
02 January, 2008
Wordless Wednesday, is next post down...
- Make a Picnic Rug, the store bought one we used for NYE, is ugly and uncomfortable.
- Laundry Conversion to be complete by the end of February.
- Bathroom Makeover to be completed by the end of June.
- I pledge Handmade.
- I plan to 'Pay it Forward'.
- Phone a friend a month, some of my friends have been so neglected, we didn’t even get out Christmas cards in 2007, this will not happen in 2008. Those of you who have stayed with us, I thank you.
- Cook more dinners, I hate to admit it, but B carries more than his weight in this area. And it makes me feel real bad.
- Work smarter, I gotta get this sorted for a more sane 2008.
Continue with 2007 resolutions to Stress Less, Blog more regularly, Read more fiction, go to the movies more often (the target being at least 1 movie per quarter), and oh, the baby thing.